Spinach Potato Tacos with Vegky Mushroom Jerky
Tacos are one of the delicious food that I have ever tried. There are many way to make tacos but for me this is the best recipe that I have found! Of course, I added a little twist by adding our favorite Vegky Mushroom Jerky.
Cooking/Prep Time: 50 Minutes
Makes 12 tacos about 6 cups of filling
- 2 large yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into small dice
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 medium poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup unsweetened, unflavored plant milk
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Vegky Mushroom Jerky Strips (any flavor will do but I tried it with Original)
- Boil the potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork or with the tip of sharp knife. Drain well and set aside.
- Roll the spinach on a paper towel, making sure to squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Unroll and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the onion and poblano pepper over medium heat, stirring occasionally and adding water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time as needed to keep the vegetables from sticking, until softened, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and potatoes along with the plant milk and nutritional yeast. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add as many corn tortillas to the pan as will fit in a single layer and heat for a few minutes to warm the tortillas through. Remove them from the pan and set them aside, covered with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Unpack your Vegky Mushroom Jerky and cut into small strips or to the size that you want.
- To serve, place the tortillas on individual serving plates or a large platter and divide the potato mixture among them, spooning it onto the center of each, adding the mushroom jerky strips. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.