Portobello Mushroom Fajitas with Vegky Mushroom Jerky
Vegan Fajitas? Yes you can do that. Let me share a secret for a "beefy" taste vegan fajitas.
Here's what you'll need:
- Portobello mushrooms
- Bell peppers -You can choose any color you want or you can use different colors of bell pepper to give that dish the color it needs.
- Onion - Any onion you have in your kitchen
- Taco seasoning - Home made or store bought will do.
- Lime juice
- Olive oil -This is used for sautéing. If you don't want to use oil, you can use water and vegetable broth
- Corn tortillas- You can use other tortillas of your choice but for me this is the best for this recipe
- Vegky Mushroom Jerky - Any flavor will do, this will serve as your toppings. It will give you that "beefy" texture but still remaining vegan.
How to do it:
- Prepare your mushrooms first. Remove stems and gills. Wipe the top clean. Cut into 1/3 thick slices.
- Slice bell pepper and onion, thinly.
- In a large pan, add the olive oil (or the oil-free version). Saute the pepper and onions for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushroom slices and the taco seasoning.
- Cook for another 8 minutes or so until the mushroom is soft. Add the lime juice and stir for a minute or two and turn the heat off. Set aside.
- Prepare your tortillas - warm it if you like.
- Put the fajita mixture on the center of the tortillas and top it off with Vegky Mushroom Jerky of your choice. You can also add more toppings of your choice.
Recipe was adopted from: https://www.thegardengrazer.com/portobello-fajitas/