Plant Based Burger!
We will give a twist to the crowd favorite BLT Burger. We will make a plant based version that you will surely love without hurting your budget! I got this recipe from Plant-Based on a budget and it worked for me so I am sharing it with you.
1 (8-ounce) package of mushrooms (any variety is fine)
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of hot chili oil
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 ½ teaspoons of onion powder
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
½ cup of vital wheat gluten
½ cup of bbq sauce
Strips of Vegky Shiitake Mushroom Jerky (any flavor)
How to Make it
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
2. Process the mushrooms in a food processor until chopped in small pieces.
3. Add in the soy sauce, hot chili oil, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, and wheat gluten. Process until smooth (You should be able to shape your mixture into jerky stripes. If is too moist, add 1 tbsp of vital wheat gluten.)
4. Place the mushroom mixture on a flat surface and shape into a thin rectangle. Using a rolling pin, roll it out until it flattens.
5. Slice the flatten rectangle into thin strips. If your mixture is sticky and difficult to work with, add one more tablespoon of vital wheat gluten and put it in the food processor again. You can add more vital wheat gluten until you reach the mixture that is easy to work with and is not sticky to your hands or surface
6. Place the strips on a parchment paper or silicone mat. Bake the strips on each side for 15 minutes, total of 30 mins baking time.
7. Remove from the oven and brush on BBQ sauce on both sides of the strip. Cook for 5 to 10 more minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
8. Assemble your JLT - buns, baked jerky strips, lettuce, tomato and Vegky shiitake mushroom jerky (for added flavor).
Don't forget to tag us, Vegky, when you upload a photo on Facebook or Instagram.