Healing Broth with Shiitake Mushroom
Recipe By: Andrea Beaman
Recipe Type: Soup and Broth
Serving: 4 servings
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time
25 mins 30 mins 55 mins
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or other oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced into thin crescents
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 6 dried organic shiitake mushrooms, soaked in 2 cups water until soft (20-25 mins)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. chili pepper flakes
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Add oil into a soup pot.
- Bring heat up to medium high and saute onion with a few pinches of sea salt until lightly caramelized (about 15-20 minutes).
- Add chicken stock.
- Strain the shitake soaking water and add to the broth.
- Thinly slice the shiitakes and add to the broth.
- Add garlic, remaining salt, and chili pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and scallions.