Chocolate, Orange and Walnut Cookies
Who doesn't have a sweet tooth? Even if you're vegan you can still enjoy treats like cookies. This vegan recipe will surely satisfy your sweet tooth.
Serves: 20 Cookies
Prepping Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 10 - 12 minutes
220g margarine, at room temperature
120g caster sugar
120g soft brown sugar
100ml OGGS® Aquafaba
350g plain flour, sifted
1 tsp bicarbonate of sod
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g chocolate chips
1 orange zest
50g hazelnuts, crushed
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C if using a fan oven)/ gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Using an electric whisk, cream together the margarine and both types of sugar until the grains dissolve and the mixture becomes paler.
3. Whilst continuing to whisk the margarine and sugar, pour in the OGGS® Aquafaba and the remaining ingredients, other than the chocolate chips and continue whisking ’til you’ve formed a lovely thick dough.
4. Add the dark chocolate chips, orange zest and crushed hazelnuts into the mixture and stir thoroughly with a big spoon.
5. Pop in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Using two teaspoons, gather spoonfuls of the dough and roll them into little balls, each roughly the size of a golf ball. Spread them out on a baking tray, about 6 per tray as they tend to spread out a lot.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. In this time, they should have turned golden, whilst retaining that crucial gooey centre.